Kizevak graves, PM Kurti: Human remains of two war victims have been found

COMMENTS

SHARE THIS
ARTICLE

Text sizeAa Aa

The Prime Minister of Kosovo, Albin Kurti, commemorated the 22-year anniversary of the massacres of Kralan and Rezalla and declared that the human remains exhumed last year in Kizevak are those of the victims of the war in Kosovo.

Kurti said that there have been two new identifications and authorities are in ongoing discussions with the relatives.

“Exactly on this anniversary, we have accepted some information that the bone samples retrieved from the human remains that were exhumed last year in massive graves in Kizevak and sent for a DNA analysis have returned confirming that they belong to the victims of the war in Kosovo”, said Kurti.

“The massive grave in Kizevak is interconnected to the one in Rudnica and we expect that other people, victims of the Rezalla massacre, and that are in the list of missing people, will also be discovered in Kizevak”, concluded Kosovo’s premier.

He also reiterated the importance of resuming the exhumation in Kizevak and in other potential massive gravesites.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Tags

“We need a full parliament”, Ambassador Soreca for Euronews Albania: CEC and SPAK to look into every single irregularity

According to the head of the European Union's Delegation to Albania, the elections were held in an orderly manner, however during an interview, he...

Balkan Talks | LDK won’t be a part of the dialogue team, says Teuta Sahatqija

Euronews Albania’s show Balkan Talks focused this week on the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue, set to resume in June. Teuta Sahatqija, a member of the Democratic League...

Albania’s EU chief negotiator: Undetermined delays can undermine trust

Albania’s chief negotiator for EU integration Zef Mazi visited Skopje on Friday where he met with high state officials and convey a positive message...







SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER