In Kosovo, the situation presented by the COVID-19 pandemic continues to aggravate, resulting in further concern from citizens. Healthcare authorities reported that 17 citizens lost their lives in the last 24 hours, while 781 new cases have been identified, which represents the highest rate of new daily-cases for 2021.
Prishtina is the most affected region, whereas the total number of fatalities for Kosovo, since the onset of the pandemic, is now 1803.
Because of the current state of things, the National Institute of Public Health has recommended certain restrictive measures, which they believe are necessary, in order to stop the further aggravation of the situation.
Measures recommenced by IKSHPK:
- Stay home. Only go out to fulfill basic needs.
- Rigorously stop meeting people you don’t live with, unless you have to.
- Prohibit large gatherings.
- Respect restrictive measures in all public interactions.
- Limit non-essential work and places, while also limiting working hours during the day.
Kosovo remains the only country in Europe that still hasn’t secured a single dose of the anti-COVID vaccine.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: