Euronews Albania’s correspondent from Ukraine, Xhemajl Rexha, reported this Thursday from Bucha, one of the areas most affected by the Russian massacres.
Tomorrow, it will be exactly 1 year since the start of Russia’s aggression and war in Ukraine, Euronews Albania’s journalist confessed that it is very difficult for citizens there to remember what happened in February of last year.
Rexha also shared footage from a mass cemetery in Bucha, where 419 civilians were killed, 78 of them still unidentified.
“We are directly from the city of Bucha, near Kyiv, where terrible crimes have taken place by the Russian occupation. At the beginning of March 2022, 419 civilians were killed in this city and 78 of them could never be identified. They are identified only by numbers, here we have the 327th victim.
It’s been 1 year since the Russian occupation, and the residents of Bucha have told us that they will find it very difficult to commemorate the victims. The fight to liberate Ukraine from Russia continues to remain the same to this day, but this is a massacre that has aroused the interest of the whole world, the same as the massacre of Recak”, said the journalist.